Our brand new snapbacks are out now! Head over to our webshop and get yours!
april 14th 2014 5 Responses
The Realism (album) was released on CD and digitally March 21, 2012. This is a 2014 re-issue on 2×12″ black 140 gram vinyl.
All tracks produced and arranged by Professor P & DJ Akilles.
02. Mind Travel feat. Promoe
03. Guaranteed (Real Sh*t)
04. The Realism
05. Spellbound (L-Town)
06. Keep Doing It feat. Adam Tensta & Rigael Damar
07. Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me
08. Sincerely Yours feat. Daniel Adams-Ray
10. Frontin’ feat. Sadat X
11. Just Another Day
12. Take Flight
februari 3rd 2014 Kommentering avstängd
Professor P & DJ Akilles – Poetry Perfected
Produced, arranged and mixed by Professor P & DJ Akilles
Rap by Professor P
Scratch by DJ Akilles
Bass by Mårten Lindsjö
For many years now, we have talked about renovating our studio. But we have never got around to it. We have always been focused on the next project. And the next project… And the next project… But this time we finally made it happen!
In the true spirit of the independent grind we did it ourselves, even thought we don’t know the first thing about construction (that is the reason why you might see some karate-kicks when we try to demolish the walls of the old vocal booth). We put a GoPro camera in one corner of the studio and photographed a time-lapse of the process.
Once we where done with the renovation we felt excited to get back to the music making, and Poetry Perfected is the result of that. We wrote, recorded and mixed the song over two days. It is just a little something-something to let you know that we are back in the studio – the new and improved studio!
We hope you like it!
september 30th 2013 10 Responses
To celebrate the release of Brews & Good News EP we borrowed a car, packed a soundsystem, and went on a eight stop tour from the northern parts of Sweden all the way down to Copenhagen. Thanks a lot to everyone that came out and supported us!
The track in the video is My Theory from Brews & Good News EP.
11/9 Footish, Uppsala
12/9 Moyo, Sundsvall
13/9 Moyo, Örnsköldsvik
14/9 Moyo, Umeå
18/9 Cali, Stockholm
19/9 Shelta, Göteborg
20/9 StreetLab, Malmö
21/9 Vans Store, Copenhagen
For booking inquiries:
booking [a] proandak.com
september 16th 2013 2 Responses
140 gram crystal clear see-through vinyl, double printed slip mat, six beer coasters. Vinyl edition includes two instrumentals and acapellas that will not feature on the digital release! *
*Beer is not included.
All tracks produced by Professor P & DJ Akilles
A1. Killing Time feat. A.G. (D.I.T.C.)
A2. After The Tone
A3. My Theory
A4. Killing Time Instrumental
A5. Killing Time Acapella
B1. Lamp Posts & Neon Lights feat. Blu
B2. Fool feat. Gracias & Felix De Luca
B3. When Michael Met Veronica feat. Rigael Damar
B4. Lamp Posts & Neon Lights Instrumental
B5. Lamp Posts & Neon Lights Acapella
Distribution by Ill Adrenaline Records
september 6th 2013 5 Responses
We are proud to give you a first taste of ”Brews & Good News”! Here’s the video for the song ”Killing Time” featuring Bronx native and legendary D.I.T.C. crew member, A.G.
We recorded this track together in a cold and windy New York in January earlier this year. So what could be better than to record a video during a warm and wind free swedish summer day? A perfect blend between the rawness of the streets and the colorful warmth of every swedes favorite season. Hiphop is a worldwide language. Some live of it, but most of us just live for it.
”Killing Time” is produced and arranged by Professor P and DJ Akilles.
The video is produced, directed and edited by Anton Söderhäll.
september 6th 2013 6 Responses
februari 25th 2013 10 Responses
januari 24th 2013 11 Responses
Here’s a brief recap of our days in NYC. We got a lot of work done but our main focus was having fun and finding the inspiration we need to make even better music than we have this far in our career. We feel like we have to get better with every track we make or we might as well quit. There’s to many good musicians in this business for us to be half-ass. With that said, here’s some of the stuff we did!
* Recorded a track with legendary emcee A.G (Showbiz & A.G, D.I.T.C.). We had a great time hanging out with A and he is a real down to earth guy with more passion for the music after 20 years in the game than most cats have during their waaaay shorter careers. The track is a banger, soul-bap to the fullest!
* Did a show at a venue called The Delancey. It has been a life long dream for us to perform in ”the Mecca of hiphop” and now we can tell our grandchildren (when that time arrives…) that we did our thing in NYC back in the days. We are really satisfied with our performance and we think the small crowd that attended were surprised as hell two swedish dudes can make music like that.
* Had a spontaneous ”live session” at Red Rooster in Harlem. Smooth! Watch one of the tracks we did right here:
* Recorded a track with one of our favorite emcees Blu (Blu & Exile). Real dope, just jazzy, melodic, night time theme music! Blu came by the apartment and killed his verse. What can we say, he’s a fantastic writer and a great dude. A modern day poet.
* Did an ”a day in the life of Pro & Ak” kind of interview with Niklas Strömberg which will be published in local Swedish newspaper UNT. Niklas came along while we went diggin’ for samples at legendary A1 Records, and it was a cool vibe all the way through. Plus we found some ill samples as a bonus!
If you can call that ”work”, we also had some time to play;
* Went to Barclays Center in Brooklyn and watched the Nets VS the Raptors. But mostly we just watched Jigga in the front row. He’s not a business man, he’s a business, man!
* Went to Tony Touch’s club ”Toca Tuesdays” where Stretch Armstrong and Tony played records. When the crowd knows all the words to some 1994 Boot Camp Click you know you’re in the right place!
* Went to Brooklyn Bowl to watch Questlove (The Roots) do his thing on the 1′s & 2′s. He’s a fantastic DJ! Suprised? Not really.
* Dropped by a place called DROM for a ”Beat Society” event. Blu, Terminology and Skyzoo performed and Pete Rock, Marco Polo, Hezekiah and Statik Selektah played new beats of their laptops. Pete Rock and Marco Polo shut shit down. Pharoahe Monch and Jean Grae was in the crowd chillin’. Check this video of Marco’s Kweli-remix. He premiered it that night:
We are now back in cold Sweden but we got some heat cooking up in the studio! ”Brews & Good News” is in the making!
Thank you all for your support!
/Professor P & DJ Akilles
december 23rd 2012 7 Responses
We are nominated for ”Best group” and ”Best video” at this year’s Kingsize Awards (a Swedish hip-hop magazine). Awesome! We are really honored! Please help us by voting HERE and spreading the link. Thank you!
You need to have a Facebook account to be able to vote.